Most companies have policies requiring reference checks on every new hire, but for a hiring manager or recruiter, checking references of past employers can take too much time and is often a challenge to complete.
By partnering with BackCheck, your Hiring Managers and Recruitment Team can focus on their primary functions, rather than playing telephone tag. BackCheck interviewers have conducted over 2 Million Reference Checks since 2001.
- Our highly trained and experienced interviewers will ask the right questions and probe appropriately for clarification to extract detailed information on each candidate’s punctuality and quality of work.
- We never miss a call, and always follow-up – with over 400 experienced staff working extended business hours in combination with high technology solutions, we have high completion rates, and make the process convenient for each reference.
- Tailored process – with 4 levels of reference checks (suitable for entry-level through executive hires), we can customise a programme that works for your organisation.
- Real-time, online delivery of results – Track the progress of each reference check and view them as soon as they are available.
- Remove interview bias – We’ve never met your candidates, so when we conduct a reference, we focus on results that let you make an informed hiring decision.
Typical turnaround is 3 business days | Each result passes through a rigorous QA process
25% of applicants have negative references
25% of applicants embellish their CV
Download: BackCheck Reference Interview Service Brochure (104KB)
Download: BackCheck References vs. Employment Verifications Brochure (107KB)
BackCheck’s hybrid approach to conducting reference checks is the first of its kind in the United Kingdom, granting respondents a greater degree of flexibility in their preferred completion method. By immediately reaching out to a reference by email, BackCheck provides the opportunity for references to respond by phone or online at their convenience, to complete the reference through the method of their choice.
BackCheck’s hybrid approach ensures references anticipate follow-up phone calls following initial email contact, should a reference not immediately complete the web-based or telephone-based survey. Our hybrid approach boosts confidence and comfort levels, and benefits our clients with significantly enhanced completion rates, and reduced turnaround times.
BackCheck’s hybrid approach increases reference completion rates by 30% without sacrificing the verbatim detail captured by HR Interviewers.
Download: BackCheck Intelligent Reference Technology Brochure (213KB)
Reference Checks with Patient-Care Focus Uncover Fraudulent Activity
BackCheck’s HR Interviewers are experts in identifying nuances of speech during the reference checks they conduct, and carefully pursue clarification of discrepancies. When a recent healthcare candidate’s reference hesitated in stating the candidate left their prior position “to return to school,” BackCheck pursued additional details. This revealed that the candidate did intend to leave for school, but also demanded to be laid off for false reasons, allowing the candidate to be paid outside of work while attending classes. BackCheck’s investigative techniques frequently uncover fraudulent activity in all sectors of employment.
A: BackCheck typically completes reference checks and checks within 2 to 3 business days.
A: BackCheck asks questions based on a large breadth of 8 - 25 areas of inquiry depending on the level of the reference interview required. Areas of enquiry include but are not limited to: Employment History, Work Performance, Reason for Leaving, Interpersonal Skills, Adaptability, and many more!